Thursday, December 01, 2011
My 3 days journey on a Social Media Fast!
Day 1 ,
Kick start my 3 day journey to social media fasting with a few of my cell mates! Thou I had turn off notifications in my IPhone 4 , was tempted to just open twitter or Facebook. It was a torture thou. But I have together with my entire Cell and fellow CM Eugene who Fasted with me. I Mass sent my entire cell the night before and here Goes...
Hi Gentlemen,
As you heard today sermon on social medias and their distraction, JOIN Us Cell mentors Eugene and myself on a fast with social medias inclusive of Facebook,twitter, foursquare and other medias which will distract you from God for 3 days starting from Monday 0800hours.. So what you can do during this 3 days? Spent quality time with God , helping family with house and spending time with them and more!! Just keep those computers away and use this 3 days fruitfully doing better and productive stuffs!
YOUR Challenged has Officially started!
God bless,
Joshua Tan
Cool right! I guess this is one of the memorable fasting I ever did during year 2011:)
My day has been quite productive without social medias! School and very goal orientated for the entire day! Did physical activities and sweat it over 9 sets of 12 pull-ups during a long break for today:)
Day 2,
Today was my second day not touching twitter , Facebook and blogger . Quite an itchy experience but i overcome it by practicing through tutorial question and spending little time praying and pondering to God.
Seeing my friend so moody in library today, was tempted to use twitter as my friend expresses thoughts and feelings through that platform. But eventually did't as I was so determine to Fast 3 days! My day was great without social medias as I took time to revise my schoolwork and do projects. Now Food seems to be a distraction to me instead! Oh Gosh!! Better Turn in for the night.. Entire Muscles in my body acks and my head spins like a rollar coaster right now..
Day 3,
Today is officially my Last day day in social media fasting. Quite a good journey I was say. Rate it a 8/10 for it. Less then 24hours from now, I can start checking in to Foursquare , Facebook , twitter and blogs! During this period, I found out that indeed Facebook and twitter has been a distraction to me. Without these, I have so much time doing other things like exercising more , time to revise and Quiet time.
I URGED you my friends to give it a try! Especially friends who are mugging hard for upcoming Polytechnic exams and A-levels..
Labels:
R-age Sermons
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment