Bookmark and Share

Thursday, December 01, 2011

My 1st Running Asics shoes



I'm jumping for JOY as I unwrap my first asics running shoes :) Would like to thank my Buddy Sze wei and the salesman at running Lab@velocity for guiding and educating me of the selection of running shoe and doing fitting for my feet!


Till today I did't know that my Left foot is 0.5cm longer then my right foot. Also just knew that my foot is flat footed. Not normal
Feet from what I knew back then. That's the reason why we should visit a proper running store instead of those crappy stores as a proper running store would have all the essential equipment to assist you in getting a well fitted shoe.



Oh yes, i was recommended to get a maximum cushioning shoes from New Balance store initially but with little credibility from the store assistant, I decided to just Hop over to Running LaB.
There was when , I wanted to give a knowledge test to both stores assistant.
Here
Goes for my test:
i act blur(round 1) and started listening to what the salesman got to say about which shoe I got to get in New balance store . He recommended me to get shoes that gives me cushion as my flat foot is quite extreme.

So round 2 of testing out the credibility of this store assistant in running lab, I insist of getting the maximum cushioning as stated by the store assistant in new-balance store which cost $280+ . If this store assistant is interested in just making money and not the needs of the runner, he would advice me to get the most expensive shoe that is..


So finally settled down with a mid range shoe which provides me with stability instead of cushioning.
All pumped up to get down on my feet for this Sunday 21km marathon. I seriously got only 6 days to season my newly bought RED shoes. Oh dear...
My incoming weeks will be a physical demanding one that's for sure. So dear Asics shoe please faster season yourself and be fitted with my feet alright?

No comments: